Separate I/O devices from the computer and drive displays from a distance. The Matrox Extio F1220 drives up to two monitors for a resolution of up to 1920 x 1200 per display
Control from a distance.
Separate I/O devices from the computer and drive displays from a distance.
Control your workspace
The Matrox Extio Series is ideal for environments requiring data security, low heat emissions, no noise and more workspace. Leveraging PCI Express bus extension technology, Extio separates I/O devices from the computer and drives multiple monitors from a distance to deliver a user experience that parallels a working environment in which the computer is situated at the user's desk.
Dual Monitor Remote Graphics Unit (RGU)
The Matrox Extio F1220 drives up to two monitors for a resolution of up to 1920 x 1200 per display. A fanless device, Extio F1220 permits a quiet and secure environment by separating the host computer form the monitors and other user peripherals, including keyboard, mouse and audio by up to 250 meters (820 ft) of fiber-optic cable.
* Separate user devices from the computer by up to 250 meters (820 feet) of fiber-optic cable
* Support for up to two digital monitors, two analog monitors, or one of each from a single workstation
* Joined graphics card mode enables an additional Matrox DualHead* graphics solution to work in tandem in one system to drive up to four displays**
* Twin Stretched Mode allows the content on the displays connected to the Extio F1220 to be cloned to an additional Matrox DualHead add-in card inside the host system**
* Support for resolutions up to 1920 x 1200 per display
* Passive cooling (heat sink with no fan) for silent operation and extra reliability
* 6 USB 2.0 ports (downward compatible with USB 1.x) for keyboard, mouse, and other USB peripherals (4 in front and 2 in back)
* 2 IEEE 1394 ports for FireWire compatible devices†
* Integrated audio hardware
* Multi-function audio-output connector for an optical-S/PDIF signal or analog-stereo signal
* Standard analog audio connectors (microphone, stereo-line-in, and stereo-line-out)
* PCI and PCIe (PCI Express) fiber-optic interface cards (sold separately)
* Matrox UltraSharp Display Output Technology for the industry's highest-quality digital and analog outputs
* Unified Microsoft Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Vista XDDM display driver for Extio series products
* Easy-to-use Matrox PowerDesk display driver interface
* Widescreen resolution support & additional functionality via Matrox PowerRes
* Display pivoting (rotation) support
* Matrox Clone to view a copy of one display on the other displays
* Global sales and technical support
* 2-year warranty
* With Joined graphics card mode, a DualHead graphics card can only be joined with another DualHead graphics card to drive a maximum of four displays.
** Joined graphics card mode multi-display configurations can be obtained by downloading the Matrox PowerDesk-SE version 2.04 display driver and above.
† Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for compliant FireWire devices.
* Matrox Extio F1220 remote graphics unit
* Universal, external, 12-volt-DC, 5-amp, power adapter
* Power cables for various regions (North America / Japan, UK, Continental Europe, Australia)
† Fiber-optic cable and low-profile, fiber-optic interface card (PCI or PCIe) sold separately (with ATX and low-profile brackets).
* Matrox display drivers for Microsoft Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, and Windows XP X64 (64-bit) ‡
* Matrox PowerDesk (driver interface and utilities)
* Audio drivers for Microsoft Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, and Windows XP X64 (64-bit)
‡ Drivers for Windows Vista XDDM available online. For other possible operating systems, contact Matrox.
Matrox Extio F1220
Matrox Extio F1220