Personal Computers, PCs for short, are computers for personal usage. They always have the following components:
- A processor (CPU), this is the heart of your computer, where the data processing is done.
- Memory (RAM), this is very fast memory in which temporary data is stored before being processed by the processor.
- Motherboard, this is the component that connects all the different parts of your computer. Often it has some integrated components like a sound card, enabling your computer to play sound, or a network card, to connect your computer to the network.
- Video board, this is the part of your computer that is responsible for the graphics processing. Micro ATX motherboards often have an integrated video board. Those integrated video boards are generally not very well suited for playing games, but good enough for watching movies.
- Hard disk, this is the permanent memory of your computer where your data is stored.
- An optional DVD/CD player/recorder for reading/writing DVDs/CDs.